How to Play Lotto Plus 2
Lotto Plus 2 is played alongside the main Lotto draw every Wednesday and Saturday evening at 20:56. Learn more about Lotto Plus 2, from the prizes available to details on how to enter.
To play Lotto Plus 2 you must opt in when you purchase your Lotto entry, and you must play Lotto Plus 1 too. The numbers you pick for the main Lotto draw will then also be used for the Plus draws, giving you three different chances to win a prize. You cannot pick a separate set of numbers for Lotto Plus – you must use the same numbers you enter into the main Lotto draw.
The rules are otherwise the same for all three draws; match your numbers with those drawn to win a prize. Entries to the main Lotto draw cost R5, with entries into Lotto Plus 1 and Plus 2 costing R2.50 each. Here is how to play Lotto Plus 2:
- Open an online lottery account or sign in to an existing one.
- Select Lotto from the available games.
- Pick six numbers between 1 and 52 on each board you want to play, or select 'Quick Pick' to receive random numbers.
- Select the options to play Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2.*
- Choose how many draws you want to play.
- Pay for your entries.
You don't need to print your ticket off, as your numbers will be stored in your online account. Just remember your login details so you can access your account in the event that you win a prize.
- Visit any lottery retailer to pick up a Lotto betslip
- Mark the Lotto Plus 1 box on your betslip.*
- Mark the Lotto Plus 2 box on your betslip.
- Choose six numbers between 1 and 52 on the first board.
- Fill in as many boards as you wish to play. If you have selected to play Lotto Plus, it will be applied to all boards you have filled in on the betslip.
- Select how many draws you want to enter in advance. Leave blank to play just one draw.
- Pay for your entry and keep your ticket safe.
* To play Lotto Plus 2, you must also enter Lotto Plus 1 and the main Lotto draw. You cannot play either of the Lotto Plus games on their own.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
The Lotto Plus 2 jackpot can roll over indefinitely, meaning there’s no limit to how high it can go. Prizes start from R15 for matching just two main numbers and the Bonus. The table below shows all the prizes you can win playing Lotto Plus 2, as well as the odds of winning:
|Prize Division||Numbers Matched||Odds of Winning*||Percentage of Prize Pool||Average Prize
for the past 365 days' draws
|1||6||1 in 20,358,520||53.0%||R8,742,700.74|
|2||5 + Bonus Ball||1 in 3,393,087||8.1%||R48,847.64|
|3||5||1 in 75,402||5.4%||R4,062.91|
|4||4 + Bonus Ball||1 in 30,161||6.7%||R1,876.17|
|5||4||1 in 1,371||13.4%||R150.03|
|6||3 + Bonus Ball||1 in 1,028||13.4%||R113.06|
|7||3||1 in 72||R25||R25.00|
|8||2 + Bonus Ball||1 in 96||R15||R15.00|
The two lowest prizes are fixed, so they stay the same for every draw. The remaining prizes are based on how many tickets are sold and how many winners there are, so they change from draw to draw.
Each of the top six prize divisions receives a percentage of the overall prize fund, as shown in the table above, and that money is then split between all winners in that division. The table also shows an average prize amount – calculated from prizes paid out in the last 365 days – so you can see roughly how much you can expect to win. Please note that prize amounts may vary from those shown here.
If you need to know anything else about Lotto Plus 2, you may be able to find the answer in these FAQs. Visit the general FAQs page for further information about playing the lottery in South Africa.
Lotto Plus 2 draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday at around 21:00, straight after the winning numbers for the main Lotto draw have been confirmed.
To play Lotto Plus 2 you must also enter the main Lotto draw and Lotto Plus 1. You cannot play Lotto Plus 2 on its own or without also playing Lotto Plus 1.
Lotto Plus 2 began in 2017, after Ithuba sought to create more chances for Lotto players to win a prize. The first draw took place on 2 August 2017, with an initial jackpot prize of R1 million. No one matched all six main numbers to win the jackpot, and it rolled over seven times before being won on 26 August.
The biggest Lotto Plus 2 jackpot ever won was worth R35 million and went to one lucky ticket holder on 14 July 2018 – the prize money had been rolling over for four months. See the Biggest Winners page for more information about South Africa's biggest ever lottery jackpots.