Powerball USA Winners
There have been a number of huge Powerball USA jackpots and winners over the years, with dreams coming true as players take home millions of pounds. Powerball USA holds the world record for the largest-ever lottery jackpot after Mae and Marvin Acosta from California, Tennessee’s Lisa and John Robinson and the Nickel 95 Trust from Florida shared a top prize of US$1.58 billion on Wednesday 13th January 2016. Each winning ticket holder received US$528.8 million before taxes.
Other impressive Powerball USA wins:
- A player from Massacchusetts made history on 23rd August 2017, winning the second largest Powerball USA jackpot of all time. The incredible $758,700,000 sum was finally won after 20 consecutive rollovers, and the winning ticket was purchased at Pride Station & Store in Chicopee, north of Springfield.
- Gloria MacKenzie of Florida held the previous record for the largest Powerball USA prize won. The 84-year-old scooped an incredible US$590.5 million in May 2013 and opted for a pre-tax lump sum payment of US$370.8 million.
- Only slightly behind is the jackpot from the draw on 28th November 2012 when two ticket holders - Matthew Good from Arizona and Mark and Cindy Hill from Missouri - shared a jackpot worth US$587.5 million. Both sets of winners chose the pre-tax cash option worth US$192.3 million.
- On 11th February 2015, a huge jackpot worth US$564.1 million was split between three winning ticket holders. Marie Holmes from North Carolina was one of the three lucky winners, along with a ticket claimed on behalf of a Texas-based anonymous trust, and an anonymous player in Puerto Rico.
- A US$488.4 million jackpot was also split three ways when the draw was made on 7th August 2013. Two of the winning tickets were purchased in New Jersey - one by Mario Scarnici and one by a 16-member syndicate from Ocean County. The other ticket winner was Minnesota-based Paul White from Ham Lake, and all three winners opted for the cash option of US$86m pre-tax.