South African Lottery Winners
There have been many Lotto winners since the game began in March 2000, with the biggest jackpot ever won standing at an incredible R110 million. The prize was split by four winning tickets in the draw on Saturday 27th January 2018.
The largest jackpot ever won by a single ticket holder was worth R50.7 million and was won on 4th November 2017 by a pensioner from Dutwya.
Other notable Lotto winners
- On Wednesday 24th April 2013, two players shared a jackpot of R58.3 million.
- Four players split a jackpot of R44.7 million for the draw on Saturday 15th February 2002.
- A participant from Kwazulu Natal matched the six main numbers drawn to win R34.4 million on 22nd April 2017.
- One of the most memorable Lotto wins took place in March 2003, when 33 players all matched the six numbers drawn to share the jackpot. Due to the huge number of winning tickets, each winner took home just R111,901.
As there are no restrictions on the Powerball jackpot, top prize funds not won will roll forward to the following draw. By 3rd June 2011 the jackpot had reached an amazing R102,016,595 before being won by a single ticket holder. This jackpot win remains the largest amount ever won on Powerball.
Other impressive Powerball wins:
- In November 2009 a man from Limpopo matched the Powerball numbers drawn to win a R30 million jackpot. Astonishingly, this lucky winner had scooped an R11 million jackpot seven years earlier!
- A lucky mother of two from the Western Cape successfully matched the winning Powerball combination to win a R91 million jackpot on the 12th February 2010.
- In July 2013 another ticket purchased in the Western Cape, this time by a 29 year old man, won its lucky owner a R69.5 million fortune.